January 10, 2006
For those of you who would like to join us I can save you some headaches that I went through.
1st you will need a Steam copy of ARMA II, ARMA II OA, and ARMA II DayZ. The retail versions will not work because Gamespy went the way of the Dodo and they sold the network side to Steam for patches.
You can add your retail copies of ARMA II and ARMA II OA into Steam if you know where your product keys are. Otherwise you can get it from Steam on the cheap.
To install you want to install through Steam in order:
1. Install ARMA II - run it to get all the updates and keys installed.
2. Install ARMA II OA - run it to get all the updates and keys installed.
3. Install ARMA II DayZ - run it to get all the updates and keys installed.
4. Download DayZCommander from here. DayZCommander - Install, once installed it should already show the Dayz Mod under the Install/Updates Tab.
5. Download the following mods through DayZCommander: DayZ EPOCH 188.8.131.52 - DayZ ORIGINS 1.7.9 - DayZ OVERWATCH 0.2.5
6. Add this to the additional launch parameters in the settings tab: -mod=@dayz;@DayzOrigins;@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch -nosplash
Once those have installed you can now join the Server US - Firecock Overpouch Taviana #1 ( IP Address: 184.108.40.206:5380 )
You want to join the server from DayZCommander and NOT the in game browser.
Team Speak Server = ts3.templarash.com 9987 no pass
IM me through Steam if you have any questions
April 23, 2006